Pendente Lite – Interim Relief

At any time during a divorce proceeding, you can ask the court to give you relief while the divorce is pending. This is particularly important for stay-at-home spouses who may have left the workforce and are financially dependent on their partner. This relief can allow you to continue to receive financial support from your spouse while the divorce continues. Remember, contested divorces can often drag on for longer than a year, so this type of relief, if needed, can be indispensable.

Relief you can ask for includes asking the court to:

Order your spouse to pay child support and other child related expenses
Order your spouse to pay alimony
Order your spouse to continue paying rent/mortgage, utilities and other household expenses
Order your spouse to pay your attorney’s fees
Give you custody of your children
Decide visitation
Give you and your children exclusive occupancy of the family home
Issue an order of protection if you fear your spouse, or they have been abusive towards you or your children in the past
Order your spouse to pay for expert’s fees

Not everyone will be entitled to this relief. If you would like to learn more, please contact our firm and we will be happy to answer any questions.

Contact Us

    Aronov Esq Contested Divorce Lawyer 98-14 Queens Boulevard Rego Park, NY 11374 (718) 206-2050

    Monday 9am–5:30pm
    Tuesday 9am–5:30pm
    Wednesday 9am–5:30pm
    Thursday 9am–5:30pm
    Friday 9am–5:30pm

    This is Attorney advertisement. The content on this website is not intended to solicit anyone outside the state of New York. The NY divorce related legal information presented across this website should not be construed as any form of legal advice, nor the formation of a lawyer or attorney client relationship.Results of prior cases do not reflect future results.

    © 2022 New York Divorce Attorneys Disclaimer: